Last weekend I was surprised and honored to receive a nomination for the Liebster Award from Melony over at sixstoriesaweek. The award aims to aid new and developing bloggers gain recognition. In it, she has asked me several questions which I will venture to answer below:
- What is your favourite midnight snack?
- Anyone that knows well also knows that I will almost never eat after the sun goes down. So I’ll give my most common midnight snack: alcohol.
- What was your favourite toy as a child?
- LEGOs. No question. I have spent more time with those blocks than I could possibly count. Half of my life I was convinced I would be an engineer or an architect because of how much I loved building. It was only when I realized that I enjoyed building the narrative of my imagination with LEGOs (more so than structures) that I understood Liberal Arts was the route for me. SHAMELESS PLUG TIME!
- What would you want to have written on your tombstone?
- Yeah! Let’s think about death! I think I would want something along the lines of, “His ripples became a rolling tide.”
- What is your phone’s ringtone right now?
- The Billboard Smash Hit, “Iphone Marimba Midi”
- What is your current wallpaper on your computer?
- What is your guilty pleasure movie?
- If we’re doin real talk here, I would say, “Crazy, Stupid, Love” but really, I’m pretty open about the fact that I love romantic comedies…
- If your life was a reality show what would you call it?
- Unhammered. Living in rural Japan I get a lot of looks and comments on a daily basis about how different I am. But I will always stand against societal insistence on conformity.
- If you could only be in love once and it was passionate but ended with a heart break, would you still choose to fall in love, or would you never fall in love?
- Yes. What happened happened and could not have happened any other way. Therefore we shouldn’t mourn the past, but look upon it fondly.
- If you tried to fail and succeeded, was it failure or success?
- Any failure is a success if you grew from it.
- Have you ever collected something? What was it?
- I’ve collected a lot of things. Probably the biggest collection I (still) have is Pokemon cards.
- Are you a night owl or a morning person?
- That really depends on why I’m awake.
Now that that is done, here are my nominations for the award!
WHAT YOU MUST DO
Nominate up to 11 other bloggers yourself (preferably those with fewer than 500 followers, this is a newbie award)
Provide those bloggers with 11 questions of your own for them to answer
Don’t forget to put the Liebster Award sticker on your blog!
- What’s your favorite sleeping position?
- How quickly do you get ready in the morning?
- Is it better to be early, on time, or casually late?
- Who was the last person to give you a hug?
- What is favorite fruit?
- If you could go anywhere in the world (don’t worry about money, infrastructure, etc…) where would you go?
- What language do you wish you could speak?
- Coffee or tea?
- You’re the last person on earth (other animals are still here). What do you do?
- Quick! A bank robber has entered your bank and taken a hostage right in front of you. He’s yelling that he’ll let the person go if someone attempts a backhand spring. Do you volunteer?
- Let’s get deep. To what extent do you believe we ‘live on’ after death?